Subject: Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT
From: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:14:15 -0500 (EST)

Mumit Khan wrote:
> 
> Could someone test it on a Win95 B (I know it works on Win95 A) *without*
> IE 4.0 and see if it still works? I wonder if IE is the deciding factor
> here.

I run Win95B and I allow *no* traces of any version of MSIE on
my system. The filesystem and the registry has been wiped clean
of anything I can find having to do with MSIE.

The 'test.exe' still causes the blue screen but only the program
terminates. The system does not crash.

BTW, I could not use Netscape or Win95 to download the package
because the webserver returns a "Content-Type" of "text/plain".
I grabbed it with lynx on FreeBSD then transferred it to Win95.

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.acm.vt.edu/~jonpryor/Projects/gecl.tgz

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 02:48:45 GMT
Server: Apache/1.2.5
Last-Modified: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 23:05:34 GMT
ETag: "1d2e3c-2b688-36e5a93e"
Content-Length: 177800
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/plain
-----------------------------------------------------------

-glenn

-- 
            Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.
  ____________________________________________________
  ... blue skies ... happy trails ... sweet dreams ...

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]