Subject: Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: Greg Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:29:32 -0800 (PST)

---Greg Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Michael Weiser wrote:
> > Why? Someone who can't do a tar -xzvf will also be unable to use
> > cygwin after install. It's the old thread which shows up here
> > regularly and I'm one of those who want tar's or even better rpm's.
> 
> Except that the above tar command isn't equivalent to a full
> InstallShield executable. Further, many cygwin users just want to run
> one or two pieces of UNIX software, not use a full simulation of UNIX.

You've just given a perfectly good reason why _NOT_ to use
InstallShield.  With InstallShield, unless the packager has provided
for it, you can't just pick and choose like you would be able to with
tar.

I know, I know; can't this thread just die?  Well, I just couldn't
resist responding.
==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]