Subject: troubles while building wxWindows/C++ Mingw executables using Cygwin
From: Chris <[email-masked]>
To: "'wxwin-developers'" <[email-masked]>, cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:50:40 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to build wxWindows/C++ Mingw executables using Cygwin.
I've followed the instructions given by Mumit Khan :
 * got egcs-1.1.1-mingw-libs.tar.gz
 * installed the target libraries in /usr/local/mingw-libs
 * add -mno-cygwin to gcc -c
 * add -L/usr/local/mingw-libs to gcc -o
It works well with the small hello.c program (thanks Mumit, the tutorial
is clear and well done)

I'm also using wxWindows 2.0 and i've some troubles while linking some
samples. For example, I want to run the "minimal" sample and I get some
"undefined reference ":
__________________________________________________________________
gcc -c -D_X86_=1 -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -DWINVER=0x0400 -D__WIN95__
-D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WIN32__ -I/wx/include -I/wx/src/png
-I/wx/include/wx/msw/gnuwin32 -I/wx/src/zlib   -D__EGCS__ -mno-cygwin
-D__WXMSW__ -D__WINDOWS__ -ggdb -D__WXDEBUG__ -Wall   -o minimal.o
minimal.cpp
windres.exe -i minimal.rc -o minimal_resources.o --include-dir
/wx/include --define __WIN32__ --define __WIN95__ --define __GNUWIN32__
gcc -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -L/usr/local/mingw-libs -L/wx/lib 
-o minimal.exe minimal.o minimal_resources.o /wx/lib/libwx.a -lstdc++
-lgcc -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -lodbc32
-ladvapi32 -loldnames   
/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/i586-cygwin32/bin/ld: warning: cannot find
entry symbol _WinMainCRTStartup; defaulting to 00401000
/wx/lib/libwx.a(textctrl.o): In function
`wxTextCtrl::GLOBAL_$I$GetClassInfo(void) const':
/wx/src/msw/textctrl.cpp:71: undefined reference to
`streambuf::xsputn(char const *, long)'
/wx/src/msw/textctrl.cpp:71: undefined reference to
`streambuf::xsgetn(char *, long)'
/wx/src/msw/textctrl.cpp:71: undefined reference to
`streambuf::sys_read(char *, long)'
/wx/src/msw/textctrl.cpp:71: undefined reference to
`streambuf::sys_write(char const *, long)'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x18a9): undefined
reference to `__imp__iob'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x18b7): undefined
reference to `__imp__iob'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(streambuf.o)(.text+0x30c): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(stdstrbufs.o)(.text+0x2d): undefined
reference to `__imp__iob'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x173): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x1de): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x232): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x343): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x3f6): undefined
reference to `_errno'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x539): more
undefined references to `_errno' follow
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(floatconv.o)(.text+0x12e7): undefined
reference to `__imp__HUGE_dll'
/usr/local/mingw-libs/libstdc++.a(floatconv.o)(.text+0x145a): undefined
reference to `_errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [minimal.exe] Error 1
__________________________________________________________________
So, my question is :
Am I doing something wrong or should is it impossible to make
cross-compilation with wxWindows tools ?
Thank you

Christine

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]