Subject: Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 01:47:41 +0100

DJ Delorie wrote:
> 
> The reason I specified full sources for all application is because
> when you build an application with cygwin, the resulting binary always
> includes sources from cygwin (namely, the startup code and import
> library stubs), so all applications thus compiled must be distributed
> under the terms of the GPL.

ok, this point is quite clear and should be accepted by anyone using
cygwin, me too. So I suppose we will compile a set of software which is
definitly distributed under the terms of GPL.

Now what about the xforms 0.881 cygwin pre-compiled port we have
provided to the xforms authors. They will only allow distribution of the
pre-compiled binary but not the patched cygwin port sources. This would
mean they would violate GPL since we have used cygwin b20.1 to compile
it?!

Regards,
Sttipe

-- 
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin

Department of Economical Computer Science        
University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]