Subject: Fast bash acccess
From: Marco Torchiano <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:22:47 +0100

Often I find useful to open a bash window in a given folder.
The fastest method is to locate the folder in the Explorer
and right-click on it and select an item from the pop-up menu.

Here is a simple .reg file that creates a couple of entries
in the registry: the result is a new item named "Bash" in the
right-click menu that opens a bash window in the selected folder.

----------------------------------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Bash]
@="Bash"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Bash\command]
@="E:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\cygnus.bat"
; modify previous line to use your installed cygwin path
----------------------------------------------------------

Copy the text between the lines into a file (bash.reg) with .reg extension. 
Modify the effective path to your bash running batch file.
Then double-click on the file.

Hope you enjoy it.

Marco.
-- 
  #-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=#
 / Marco Torchiano                                                    /
#-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=#-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-#
 \ <mailto:[email-masked]>     \ Dip. Automatica ed Informatica \
  \ <http://www.polito.it/~mtorchia> \ Politecnico di Torino          \
   \ phone: +39 011 564 7081          \ C.so Duca degli Abruzzi, 24    \
    \ fax: +39 011 564 7099            \ I-10129 Torino (Italy)         \
     #-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=#-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=#

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]