Subject: Re: Does GPL apply without Cygwin stub? [long and off-topic] (was Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey)
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: "DJ Delorie" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:24:36 -0500

>
>> Ergo, if you buy such a product, you MUST NOT run any other software
that
>> loads the cygwin1.dll, because either you would be making their
product
>> load the GPL'd dll or your GPL software would be loading the license
>> restricted dll.
>
>Since Windows checks the directory the executable runs from before the
>PATH, this shouldn't be a problem if the dll is stored with the
>executable and you manage your path properly.  Yes, I know it doesn't
>always work that way.  If you have two cygwin1.dlls in your PATH and
>they're incompatible, you might have other problems anyway.
>

Is this GLD or GPL-jokes?
If so, one will be better of not using any software.  GPL licensing from
GNU is a mess anyway.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]