Subject: Re: objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "John Kastner, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:14:38 -0500

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 12:34:08PM -0800, John Kastner, Ph.D. wrote:
>The company I work for would like to work with ELF/DWARF2 files.
>However our user base still uses older a.out.  We are looking into using
>objcopy on a.out to produce ELF/DWARF2.  We don't require perfect 
>fidelity but  we are looking for a strong interim solution.  We only need 
>an i386 solution (a.out-i386 to elf32-i386).
>
>Is anyone out there currently doing a similar extension to the tools?
>
>Is anyone out there interested in receiving our extensions if and when
>we produce them?
>
>I welcome helpful comments and suggestions.

It sounds like you would be changing binutils.  You might want to send
mail to [email-masked] when you're done.  The maintainers of bfd and
gas (and binutils) might be interested in your changes.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]