Subject: Re: Compiling Perl under b20.1
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:40:33 -0800 (PST)

---Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> wrote:
8<
> Now, all three of your patches address problems I didn't see; the
main difference
> between us being binary vs. text mounts. If that is the case, should
these tests
> be skipped for all cygwin (binary and text mount) or should the
tests be fixed so
> that they work for both binary and text mounts? I'm not sure if the
second option
> means hacking the test scripts, or hacking perl itself.
> 
8<

IMHO, it seems that the easiest fix for this would be for perl to
always open a script file in text mode processing.  Any file that can
be potentially created by a human with an editor should be opened for
text mode processing.
==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]