Subject: Re: [HELP] stat(), file permission, r/w access : i'm LOST :(
From: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:47:42 +0100

At 17:43 01/03/99 -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 11:27 PM 3/1/99 +0100, Sebastien Barre wrote:
>>> This has been discussed many times on this list and is an NTism.
>>
>>Is there a workaround ? I mean, if this is a know bug, is there a way to
>>fix it in the cygwin sources ?

>Workarounds?  You might try removing yourself from Administrators group.
>This may do the trick.  Alternatively, you can change your umask so that 
>write permision is given to everyone.  That should solve it too.  

Well, write permission was *already* given to anyone :

administrateur [21] ~$ umask
000
administrateur [22] ~$ umask -S
u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rwx

and this had no influence :

administrateur [23] ~$ touch foo
administrateur [24] ~$ ll foo
-rw-r--r--   1 544      Aucun           0 Mar  5 21:46 foo
administrateur [26] ~$ perl -e 'print "yes" if -w "foo";'
administrateur [27] ~$

______________________________________________________________
Sebastien Barre                  http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]