Subject: Re: "Out of environment space" error
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:23:23 -0500

Sorry folks, I cannot e-mail it.  I have the document I mentioned in
hard-copy format only.  I do not remember the web link from where I got
it.  It is certainly the best document I came accross on seting up a
dual and triple boot machine. It will guid you to set up NT, Win95 DOS
and LInux on the same machine, step by step and is writen by a Microsoft
Nt engineer.  Do not remeber even his name and is not mentioned in the
document, thought it does have a disclaimer at the end that Microsoft
does not endorse it.

All I can offer is to Fax it to one or two persons maximum.  it is 20
page document.  Unless someone is willing to volunteer and rewrite it in
HTML format and post it on his web pages.  I cannot post it on my web
pages, due to company restrictions.

regards

Suhaib

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Garceau <[email-masked]>
To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 1999 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: "Out of environment space" error

>Greetings,
>
> I was just noticing your latest post to the mailing list.  We are
>using Cygwin-b19 and b20.1, and have been looking for something
>(unofficial or otherwise) from MS re: dual/triple booting.
>
>On 4 Mar 99, at 13:06,  the Illustrious Suhaib M. Siddiqi  wrote:
>
>> Regarding the NT and Win95 on the same partition.  I am not sure it
is
>> supported.  The documents I have from Microsoft web site, it clearly
>> explains how to setup and dual and triple boot machine with NT, Win95
and
>> Dos and possibley Linux.  According this document, it is suggested
each
>> operating system must reside on its own partition.  This document is
not
>> distributed officically distributed by Microsoft, but is written by
one of
>> their Windows Nt engineer and is distributed by him.  I do not
remember
>> the web link any more, but if you darely need it, I will not mind
Faxing
>> it to you.
>
> Would you be willing to email it to me?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Peace,
>
> Paul G.
>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]