Subject: Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed
From: Geoff Hayward <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 15:31:45 +0100

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> The forementioned function `clnt_create_timed' is not part of the SUN
RPC
> package. Are you sure, that this function is part of RPC on the SUN
> machine or is it already a function, which is used by an RPC
application?
> I'm asking, because `timed' is not a typical RPC application, you
know?

It has a man page and is declared in rpc/clnt.h on my SUN machine so I
assumed it was part of the package. It is the same as clnt_create but
takes an extra timeout parameter specifying the maximum amount of
time allowed for each transport class tried.

Cheers,

    Geoff.

--
Geoff Hayward
Switching Test Solutions AG,        Email: [email-masked]
Friesenbergstr. 75,                 Phone: +41 1 454 6690
CH-8055, Zurich, SWITZERLAND.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]