Subject: Re: [HELP] stat(), file permission, r/w access : i'm LOST :(
From: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:02:06 +0100

At 17:43 01/03/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>Is there a workaround ? I mean, if this is a know bug, is there a way to
>>fix it in the cygwin sources ?

>Workarounds?  You might try removing yourself from Administrators group.

Which seems a bit risky.

>This may do the trick.  Alternatively, you can change your umask so that 
>write permision is given to everyone.

That sounds interesting, could you please be more specific, I'm not exactly
a umask guru, and I have no man page. Thanks a lot for any help.

>Fixing the bug in the source is also possible.  I know Corinna has been 
>doing some work with making permissions track more closely with UNIX style.
>I'm not sure whether his changes will help in this arena...

I do not want to put pressure on the cygwin team if I can solve it myself
in a efficent way, they already do a great job.

Sincerely

______________________________________________________________
Sebastien Barre                  http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]