Subject: Re: [ANN]: Sun RPC 4.0, Patch to xdr_float
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: "Corinna Vinschen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:54:05 -0500

>>
>> I guess there is a problem with your rpcgen.exe that's why rstat and
>> rstat_svc is not working.
>>
>> If used your rpcgen.exe, it did not create the header and C code files
>> properly.

>Please, send a short code example, which shows, when it's going wrong.
>Without code example, I don't have a chance.

>All SUN demos are working correctly, including the generation of headers
>and sources by rpcgen. There only seems to be a problem, if rpcgen isn't
>used in the standard way, but with parameters like `-h'.

That's what I did.  I simply typed rpcgen -h and a file name (for example
klm_prot.x )in the rpcsv subdirectory.  It generated a blank C code file.

At the moment, I needed only XDR functionality to compile one of my
data compression code for molecular dynamics.  After you patched the
XDR_FLOAT, I had no problems in compiling the code. Thanks for porting RPC
to Cygwin.  It is a very important tool.

>BTW: Patches are appreciated, too!

Will do as soon as I get some time.

With best Regards

Suhaib

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]