Subject: Re: [HELP] stat(), file permission, r/w access : i'm LOST :(
From: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:27:50 +0100

At 16:38 01/03/99 -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:

>This is a known bug.

Arghh.

>testing for file permissions will not return "yes"
>unless that permission is given to everyone.  This may be related to the
>fact that you are the "Administrator" (see below).

>544 is the "Administrator" group, which is used as the UID of everyone in
>that group.

But shall be used as GID instead.

> This has been discussed many times on this list and is an NTism.

Is there a workaround ? I mean, if this is a know bug, is there a way to
fix it in the cygwin sources ?

Thanks for your help

______________________________________________________________
Sebastien Barre                  http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]