Subject: Re: mySQL, mSQL, PostgreSQL with cygwin ?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 07:59:37 +0100

> I was wondering if anyone of you did successfully build/install/test one of
> these products with Cygwin32 :
>
>         - mySQL
>         - mSQL
>         - PostgreSQL
>
> Thanks :)
>
> (I already found something related to mSQL at the Cygwin Porting Projet
> http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/Distribution/Source/msql/, but it
> seems not complete).

sorry, the mSQL 2.0.4.1 source port is outdated and non-stable.

A contributed stable port of mSQL 2.0.5 may be found within the camp-1.1b
(Cygwin Apache mSQL PHP3) embedded web authoring environment in binary form at

    http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/Distribution/Binary

A contributed PostgreSQL 6.4 port in binary form is also available at this
location, but it's only supposed to run on NT.

MySQL is _not_ ported to Cygwin due to the lack of the pthreads functions used
in the multi-user multi-threaded MySQL database engine. Currently Cygwin is
getting at least experimental support for pthreads functions, but I suppose it
will take some time to get a stable port of MySQL done to Cygwin.

There is a native Win32 shareware version of MySQL 3.21.29a which works
perfectly with our Apache 1.3.4 and integrated PHP 3.0.6, check out MySQL's
official web site.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]