Subject: pb with Cwd::getcwd() ! [perl 5.005_02 / Cygwin32 B.20.1]
From: [email-masked] (S�bastien Barr�)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:19:38 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc

(crossposted to the cygwin32 mailing list also)

I'm trying to build/install Perl 5.005_02 for Cygwin32 B20.1
(NT4.0/SP4), and it fails while installing the HTML-pod pages.

After some investigation in the installperl script, I found that the
Cwd::getcwd() (= get pathname of current working directory) was
responsible :

Use ::Cwd;
print getcwd();

=> 
readdir(./..): No such file or directory at yo.pl line 2

If I try to use using cwd() (= same as getcwd but is
implemented using the most natural and safe form for the current
architecture) instead of getcwd();

Use ::Cwd;
print cwd();

=>
/d/devel/gnuwin32/root/tmp/perl5.005_02

which seems OK, although /d/devel/gnuwin32/root is mounted to /, hence
it should better returns /tmp/perl5.005_02.

The problem is, getcwd() seems to be used in many other files in the
distribution, therefore I'd like to fix/understand it in a more general
way before starting to replace all instance of getcwd() with cwd().

Thanks a lot.
-- 
Sebastien Barre : http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]