Subject: Re: Cygwin participation threshold
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:29:12 -0500

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 10:43:46PM +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>      All this makes me wanting to make contributions. What is largely
>disallows me it (besides being nothing but bag of crazy ambitions, of
>course) is pure technological matters: it's too hard to get that
>threshold to make it effectively. Time I need to get it, I can spend
>doing something else, e.g. reenventing it all ;-) And, as I told
>before, that's not Cygwin problem - IMHO, that's GNU problem - their
>style of writing programs is somewhat ... not as in other places %)

Could you be more specific?  What "style of writing programs" are you
referring to?  Is it just the indentation?  That's surely an extremely
trivial thing.

Cygwin is unusual in that it's written in C++ but hopefully that's
not *too* big a barrier at this time.

Otherwise, given the vast popularity of GNU tools and the huge number of
people contributing to them, I'm mystified as to your problems with the
GNU style of writing software.  There is so much GNU software available
that one could easily make the case that it is actually the norm.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]