Subject: Re: strange mount behaviour...
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:48:09 -0800 (PST)

---Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]> wrote:
8<
> Could anyone explain me why mounting D: ou D:/ ou d:/ to /d produce
these
> artefacts ? Doing the same thing with C: ou E: will NOT cause any
problem.
> Is it impossible to mount the drive where cygwin is located ?
Installing
> coolview did not help too. As well as binary mount.
8<

This is a known bug with the mount filesystem emulation and relative
paths.  When you do `ls d' you are actually displaying the contents of
the mount point directory which is empty even on UNIX.  When you do
`ls /d' the emulation resolves correctly and you see the contents of d:.

This may have been fixed in recent snapshots.  I know that Geoff Noer
reworked the code for the mounted directories.  Caution, using
snapshots may cause other problems as snapshots aren't tested.  Please
read the change log to find out what has changed.
==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]