Subject: Re: Handling CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Curtis Galloway <[email-masked]>, Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:25:14 -0500

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 03:36:19PM -0800, Curtis Galloway wrote:
>Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
>> CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT is sent to every running application including services.
>
>Yes, but does it terminate your process if you return FALSE in your handler?  I
>don't think so.
>
>I did a quick test using my modified cygwin1.dll.  I created a simple program
>that does nothing but write log messages to a file, and installed it as a
>service using the NT Resource Kit's SRVANY.EXE tool.  Even though my modified
>event handler returns FALSE, my test service survived through logging out and
>back in again.
>
>Perhaps my test was invalid.  If so, I'd be happy to hear about it.  (I still
>don't think the signal handling in exceptions.cc is quite right; it appears to
>not give programs a chance to handle the CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT or
>CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT before Windows kills the process off.)

If you guys can come to a consensus on this, I'll be happy to put whatever
fix you think fixes the problem into cygwin.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]