Subject: Re: Pthreads in cygwin
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Christian Brunschen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:28:29 +0100

> I was wondering how I would go about using pthreads in cygwin? The b20.1
> release does not appear to support them, but more recent snapshots do
> contain what looks like pthreads support.

That's right. Recent snapshots support the --enable-threadsafe for the
configure process. The build cygwin1.dll and dependend libs will implement
some pthread_* functions as usually available within the libpthread.a
library (i.e. MIT's pthread) on other systems.

As Geoffrey and other from Cygnus have stated the pthread functions within
the latest snapshots are *very expertimental* and may not work at all.

I have tried to compile some simple example programs using pthread
functions. They do build, but crash with a segmentation fault error on a
Win98 box.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]