Subject: Compiling Apache 1.3.4 on NT using gcc
From: Dave Finnegan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:03:24 -0500

Has anyone tried compiling Apache 1.3.4 on NT using the gcc
compiler?

The "Using Apache With Microsoft Windows" page found at

    http://www.apache.org/docs/windows.html

states:

    Compiling Apache requires Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 to be
properly installed.

I've got Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 installed and am stuck with it
until my employer decides to upgrade (can't run two versions of the
same code under NT!)

I've had much success using the CygWin b20 installation to compile
lots of Unix tools, but haven't yet tried Apache.  I was wondering
if anyone has succeeded at this effort and what kind of experience
they had doing it.

TIA,

  Dave