Subject: Re: New "feature" introduced with winsup automount?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 14:08:47 +0100

Hi Steve,

> I finally completed a build of the latest winsup snapshot in order to
> enable the cygwin1.dll pthread support. After installing the new
> cygwin1.dll and the latest pthread.dll I have noticed a few changes in
> the way cygwin handles path names.

I'm _very_ interested in getting pthreads to work under cygwin b20.1 since I
was/am working on the port of the mysql database engine which uses the MIT's
pthread package.

We have successfully compiled the clients and the clients API lib but we
will definitly need the pthread support for the mysql daemon.

Would you be so kind to explain me how I can build the pthread-aware
cygwin1.dll lib and where I have to put the pthread-win32 dll ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany