Subject: Re: pid problem found
From: John Mullee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Cygnus32 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 15:45:40 +0100

> (most likely moving to the Win32 event stuff, I'd guess, though all the
> examples that I've seen do explicit checks for incoming messages in the
> code and not something as simple as installing a handler to print one
> integer and exit.

have a look at the WaitForSingleObject and WaitForMultipleObjects api
calls.
The can accept, among other handles, event handles:
  CreateEvent OpenEvent SetEvent PulseEvent ResetEvent CloseHandle
as well as process, thread, semephore, mutex, conio and various
file-change 
system message handles.
If you'd _really_ prefer to have wrappers that isolate you from all the
OS
dependant low-level bits, think about visiting ACE at:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ or news://comp.soft-sys.ace

BTW wow, the new maillist software! realtime!

john

--   
Want to unsubscribe from this list?                             
Send a message to [email-masked]