Subject: Re: pid problem found
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked] (John Mullee)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:30:55 -0500 (EST)

> Would it be possible that this 'pid' is something other
> than that id seen in taskmanager? does cygwin's
> waitpid use the CreateProcess-pid? or something else?

That was it, as it turns out... CreateProcess returns a Windows pid,
not a cygwin pid, so cygwin1.dll's waitpid couldn't use it...

Unfortunately, I was using CreateProcess to do anonymous pipe inheritance
so each of the children could feed back an integer after getting a
SIGALRM and exit.

What this means now is that I'm stuck either converting the signal(),
alarm(), and waitpid() stuff to Win32 calls (events I guess) or trying
to dump all the anon pipe stuff in favor of some other IPC mechanism
(most likely moving to the Win32 event stuff, I'd guess, though all the
examples that I've seen do explicit checks for incoming messages in the
code and not something as simple as installing a handler to print one
integer and exit.

Thanks for all your help,

James Manning
-- 
Hardware Design Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development

--   
Want to unsubscribe from this list?                             
Send a message to [email-masked]