Subject: Re: X11R6.3 Libraries
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)
To: Allan Peda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:10:24 GMT

Hello Allan, you wrote:
>I would like to make the ump from installing perl binaries to compiling
>the source from perl.com.  No problem under MSVC/++, now I want to use
>cygwin.  I also want to include perl/tk .  I understand I need Xlib for
>that.  Is the following URL the latest source?
>
>http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/win32/X11R6.3/
There are binaries of X11R6.4 for B20 on

http://www.lexa.ru/sos           (Sergey Okhapkin - updates and ports)
http://www.xemacs.freeserve.co.uk/                (Andy Piper - ports)

and

ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/
                                   (Sergey Okhapkin - fixes and ports)
ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/aux     (Andy Piper - fixes and ports)

respectively. hile they're not as complete (no fvwm, no libXpm etc.)
as Arlindo's they're newer and compiled for B20.

>While I'm at it, are there instructions for this?  I have b20, but the
>above build is for b19, will it work?  If I wanted the full experience
>of building the Xlib, then what else do I need?
You could try to copy your cygwin1.dll to cygwinb19.dll. It *should*
work although I haven't tried it myself yet. For building X11 yourself
you would need the patches from Sergey and/or Andy available on their
sites.
-- 
bye, Michael