Subject: Re: Problem with Win95
From: [email-masked]

2 Feb 1999 00:41:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 2/1/99 10:26:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, [email-masked]
writes:

<< Could you provide an example of where you are seeing d: where you used
 to see //d/ before?
 
 -chris >>

ls //d doesn't work with the 1/23 binary installed.  ls d: does.

gunzip -c //d/egcs-19990124-19990131_diff | patch ...... doesn't work.  Change
//d/ to d: and it's almost OK.  There's some kind of issue, as others pointed
out, with gratuitous additions of '\r' on W95, which is carried over from
b20.1, probably in patch, as it makes no difference whether an intermediate
file or a pipe is used.

tar zxvf //d/xxxx.tgz used to work.  Now it's necessary to 'mv d:xxxx.tgz
xxx.tgz' first, i.e. tar doesn't work with any kind of drive designator, and
mv doesn't work except with the d: type designator, and won't write to a
directory without a specified file name.  I'm using the same .exe files for
tar, gzip, mv, which came with b20.1.

Except for those drive designators, I've had positive results with it on W95,
but I didn't want to try it on NT like this.  I assumed that others were
testing NT.  

As for the 1/15 distribution, I couldn't get along at all with it, either the
binary or compiled from source, on either NT or W95.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".