Subject: Re: X11R6.3 Libraries
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Allan Peda <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:55:47 +0100

> I would like to make the ump from installing perl binaries to compiling
> the source from perl.com.  No problem under MSVC/++, now I want to use
> cygwin.  I also want to include perl/tk .  I understand I need Xlib for
> that.  Is the following URL the latest source?
>
> http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/win32/X11R6.3/
>
> While I'm at it, are there instructions for this?  I have b20, but the
> above build is for b19, will it work?  If I wanted the full experience
> of building the Xlib, then what else do I need?

if you do use b20 or even b20.1 I would recommend to use Sergey's port of
X11R6.4 which is distributed in binary precompiled form at

    http://www.lexa.ru/sos

That's the most basic things for X11. But beware of compiling the official
latest.tar.gz package from perl.com since many people on this list have
trouble getting it compiled, especialy the dynamic part, please see the going
threads on perl on this list before posting questions.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".