Subject: gcc bugs/problems
From: [email-masked] (Jason Lashua)

31 Jan 1999 21:32:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu <[email-masked]>

Hi, I have possibly a bug report i suppose,

some programs that come with cygwin32 b20.1, like cp/mv when you have
multiple files in a directory, and run cp * /dir itll say /dir isnt a
directory, but it exists, and in other cases, itll start copying, and
then quit saying filename doesnt exist, the string gets clipped
apparently and it causes the program to error

Also, i have compiled gnu fileutils-4.0, with no troubles, and the
programs run fine and dandy , but only in the directory they were built
(fileutils-4.0/src), when i moved the .exe files into the bin dir, they
didnt work, with the message "This program cannot be run in dos mode" ,
and when i run it from explorer, it erros with the message, "this
program expects a newer version of windows" .. yet it doesnt say what
version, I am currently using windows 95 4.0.950b with fat32 support
(aka osr2.1)

Also, sometimes programs work and then stop working for no apparent
reason, the first time i installed cygwin b20.1, Make would quit saying
/c: Can't find /c

so i compiled and installed gnu make 3.77, which worked..

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".