Subject: symlink & sharing file system
From: [email-masked] (Rui-Tao Dong)

29 Jan 1999 20:27:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I finally convinced my boss to let me install linux on a spare
machine.  The 200MHz PPro (over a slow 10BaseT line) feels a lot
faster than the 266PII running NT on my desk.

On my NT machine, I use mostly CYGWIN32 (b19.1 and about to upgrade)
applications with VNC as my Xserver.  I would like to share file
systems (at least my home directory) with the linux machine.  However,
I haven't figure out a way to make symlink work.  I export part of my
NT's harddisk and use smbmount to access it from Linux.  Symlink shows
up as !<symlink>/usr/local/src^@.  If I use samba to export from
Linux,  I can't export symlink either.  Is there an NFS server or
client for CYGWIN32?

-- 
Regards,

	Rui-Tao Dong			Newport Corporation
	[email-masked]		1791 Deere Avenue
	(949)253-1679(Voice)		Irvine, CA 92606 USA
	(949)253-1240(Fax)		http://www.newport.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".