Subject: Re: How to compile simple C Prg Using GNU mips-tx39-elf-gcc without including eCos
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

29 Jan 1999 03:34:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Steven Vacca <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999, Steven Vacca wrote:
> 
> I have a TX39 Evaluation bd and am trying to compile a simple HELLO C 
> program using the GNU C compiler mips-tx39-elf-gcc.   I initially want to 
> exclude the eCos operating system from being included during linking so 
> that I can just download a simple, very small little program which I can 
> debug.
> 
> Anybody know how to modify the linker script, target.ld, in order to do 
> this?
>
> Also, where can I find the definitions of the command-line switches for 
> this TX39 GNU compiler and linker?

Documentation is available from our WWW site:

	http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/

The "Using ld" section gives a fair bit of information on how to
write/modify linker scripts.  Hopefully that will be useful.

If you are not already a Cygnus customer, you may want to consider
purchasing support for the tx39 toolchain and/or eCos.  For more
information please contact [email-masked].

Best regards,

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".