Subject: Re: Problem with Win95
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

29 Jan 1999 01:27:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999, Glenn Spell wrote:
[...]
> >  [...] but it changes the way drives are referred to by default
> > from e.g. //d/ to d:
> 
> I prefer not to try the current snapshots (which are B21) since
> registry and mount functions seem to be in a such a state of flux.
> For now, I'm a happy camper with B20.1.

I *think* I've finished with messing with the mount/registry stuff but
we may still change some names of flags and little things like that.
There have been a lot of changes.

For this reason, I do NOT recommend upgrading at this time but if you
really want to be on the cutting edge you're welcome to try the cygwin
dll and matching mount/umount from the old snapshot location
(ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/noer/winsup-snapshot/).  The DLL should
automatically copy over old mounts into the new layout.  I don't know
of anything that's unstable in the Jan-26 snapshot but I make no
promises and something may well bite you...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".