Subject: telnetd and bash - hangs
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

28 Jan 1999 23:31:21 -0800
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AECF2.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I am using inetdutils (Sergeys port), with telnetd enabled in inetd.conf and
I notice the following:

I telnet to the NT server and login. (the shell is bash).
I "cat" a large text file (the file I use as an example is about 60K).

If left to complete, this works OK.

If however, while the file is scrolling, you hit the keyboard a few times,
the scrolling will stop, and nothing will get the session going again. (It's
frozen).

This ONLY happens when telnetted to the NT server. A cmd window running bash
is fine.

Summary: It feels like it's flow control related. 

Any ideas?

(NT4 Server, SP3, all filesystems are mounted BINARY and are NTFS.
CYGWIN=tty binmode title strip_title glob)

Ian Collins.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".