Subject: XARGS stack fault in Windows 95
From: [email-masked] (Dave Borger)

28 Jan 1999 23:31:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

While running the shell script to install Octave under Windows 95 using
the Cygnus GNU tools version 19, the following line from the script

    find d:/octave/share/octave/2.0.13/m -type f -print | xargs chmod
0644

caused the script to pause and drop me back into the Windows GUI to a
dialog box saying 'This program has performed an illegal operation....
XARGS caused a stack fault in module KERNAL32.DLL at 0137:bff725c5'

The script seemed to recover reasonable, but I suspect that that line
was not properly executed.

Dave

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".