Subject: Does anyone succeed in calling a DLL from MSVC?
From: [email-masked]

28 Jan 1999 21:45:36 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I'm getting more and more frustrated in my attempt to link a Cygnus dll
from a
MSVC6 procedure (i tried so far just a plain vanilla console win32
application from msvc).
I did EVERYTHING came up in this e/mail listings, but the maximum I could
afford
was the calling of a simple function doing x=x+1!!!!
I wonder if it is possible to call from MSVC (or visual basic or other) one
 simple function capable of doing simple things like fprintf, sleep, fork
or similar.
When doing that with my NT workstation everything is ok if called from gcc
programs. If called by MSVC I got Security Access faults.

Is this possible with B20.1 standard release or cygnus can be used just to
do
x=x+1.....?

Maybe I must initialize something more (I initialize everything you guys
said, like
impure pointers or similar amenities)?

If an answer does exist, can you please post a simple example in some FAQ
so cygnus can be considered a real possibility with NT. Otherwise it seems
just a little toy, very interesting, but useless......

Sorry for having been a little rude. Nevertheless I consider cygnus a
WONDERFUL opportunity to the gnu world....

pakkio

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".