Subject: Re: Problem with Win95
From: [email-masked]

28 Jan 1999 07:06:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 1/28/99 1:32:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:
>I suggest the use of a dos-to-unix utility that not only deals
>with the line endings but also deals with the control-Z issue.
Maybe I missed something, but ordinary remedies like tr -d '\r' don't do
anything, as cygwin strips the '\r' before tr sees it and then puts it back.
Or has that changed now, so the \r stays on #include files?  That may be the
problem, as it results in stuff from #include files getting ignored.

> Now I'm experimenting to see whether using -pipe consistently makes
 > any difference. >>

>I intended to do the same but I ran out of time to put into Cygwin.
>Please keep us posted on any results.

If I run configure with -pipe set in CFLAGS, configure appears to run OK but
then make won't run.  If I configure without -pipe, I can set -pipe in
BOOT_CFLAGS and it will be used successfully.  In that case, -pipe doesn't
have any affect on the operation other than to make it faster, as expected.

> but it [IE4] doesn't get in the way otherwise.

Oh! You mean... you love those re-installs, huh?  :-)

No, I've just taken away the icons, and even Norton is smart enough not to
start IE as long as it finds another way first.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".