Subject: Re: [Q:] Problem with patch in B20.1?
From: [email-masked]

27 Jan 1999 20:55:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 1/27/99 1:13:38 PM Pacific Standard Time, david.smith@home-
free.demon.co.uk writes:

<<  I am getting errors that
 suggest a problem with patch.exe  >>
I have had silent failures running egcs snapshot patches on W95 with b20.1,
both before and after installing the 1/23 cygwin snapshot binary.  I haven't
even been able to find the place where the patch went bad.  It works OK on NT.
My workaround is to run patch under linux.  BTW, I had to upgrade the linux
patch to 2.5 before it worked reliably.  I've generally run patch on W95 with
the patch file on the zip drive and the patchee on the hard drive, if that
matters, but I thought I tried moving the patch file first without making a
difference.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".