Subject: [Q:] Problem with patch in B20.1?
From: [email-masked] (David M. Smith)

27 Jan 1999 10:41:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]

Hi All,
Until recently I was able to rebuild B20.1 from the sources + patches
with no problems.  Now  when I try to rebuild, I am getting errors that
suggest a problem with patch.exe (This problem is described in section
7.2.3 of "Getting Started with RTEMS for C/C++ Users").  The configure
step of the build process fails because the patched src/sonfigure.in
file contains some DOS stle CR/LF pairs.  If I run it through
Dos2Unix.com every thing is fine, but watch out because Dos2Unix.com
converts filenames to all uppercase.  I now have a script that cleans
all patched files.

Any ideas why this should have just started happening?  As far as I am
aware nothing major has happened to by B20.1 installation.  I have
modified cygnus.bat to clear some unnecessary environment variables and
I no longer append the DOS path to the cygwin path.

Is there a patch for patch to fix this problem?

I have to say I am really enjoying working with Cygwin.  It's been tuff
at times but I feel I have learned a great deal.

Regards,
David
-- 
David M. Smith
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".