Subject: Mesa/GLUT libs under Cygwin B20.1
From: [email-masked] (Brian P Kasper)

26 Jan 1999 17:41:14 -0800
Message-ID: <0100836AE0604158*/c=us/admd=0/prmd=aero/o=notes/s=Kasper/g=Brian/i=P/.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
To: [email-masked]

I've compiled Mesa 3.0 and GLUT 3.7 under Cygwin B20.1 and
have successfully run GLUT example programs linked against them.

The only difficulty I'm having is that OpenGL overlay planes don't
work correctly (they're cleared to a uniform grey whenever they're
used).  This is almost certainly a bug in Mesa, as I see the same
behavior on a Linux/Alpha box running Mesa/GLUT, but *not* on
my NT box when I compile and link the GLUT examples with
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and the Exceed X Development Kit.

Has anyone mucked about with Mesa and GLUT to the point where
they have working libraries?  If so, has anyone else seen this odd
overlay behavior?

Please respond to this and let me know if anyone is interested in
the libraries and headers for Mesa and GLUT.  I can try to work out
an FTP site or other means of distribution if anyone is interested.

For what it's worth, the OpenGL programs are slow, slow, slow using
Mesa, since it doesn't take advantage of my hardware-accelerated
OpenGL card, but the examples (including ALL of the tests) work.

I downloaded the X11R6.4 libs a while ago, but I *believe* I'm using
Sergey Okhapkin's distribution.

-Brian
 [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".