Subject: Please supply a 'full.tar.gz' or full.zip' distribution.
From: [email-masked] (Wolfgang Glas)

26 Jan 1999 15:24:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi there !

  I'm getting more and more fascinated by CygWin32 every day. A great
tool. I ported even non-trivial C++-programs from my SGI to NT and
everything works fine.

  I'm mail now, because I had some serious problems with the full.exe
distribution, which does not install on my NT box. (NT 4.0 SP3 german)
It seems as there are long stnding bugs in the self-extracting stuff.
(I think full.exe uses InstallShield) In the mailing list, there are
many reactions of users with similar experiences, so it would be the
best tro supply a simple zipped version of the cygnus directory tree for
those users who can't unpack full.exe.

  I know, that such a distribution itself has the problem of beine
operating-system-dependant, but it seems to be the only reasonable
workaround for the problems with 'full.exe'. I'd prefer a file
'full.tar.gz' or 'full.tar.bzip2' because I'm a long term UNIX user.
A good solution may also be a 'full.zip' file, which works fine for most
Windows users too.

  Thanks for thinking about my mailing,

    With best regards,

      Wolfgang Glas

--
Mag. Wolfgang Glas
Institut fuer hydraulische Stroemungsmaschinen
Kopernikusgasse 24                              Phone:++43/316/873/7578
A-8010 Graz                                     Fax:  ++43/316/873/7577

mailto:[email-masked]   
http://fhysmsg01.tu-graz.ac.at/Wolfgang.Glas/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".