Subject: Re: Problem with Win95
From: [email-masked] (Richard Caley)

25 Jan 1999 17:00:15 -0800
Message-ID: <199901251513.PAA27203.cygnus.gnu-win32@kellogg>
References: [email-masked] (Richard Caley)
To: Alexei Karpov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> But I have problem with Win95. I involve makefile system to create
> a image and each time my attempts fail in different places furtheremore
> my PC is locked. I know the makefiles are correct and they work
> properly

This seems to be a chronic problem, lots of things ahve been suggested
but nothing really seems to work. Eg installing the USB patch for
windows95 is said to work, but that is only useful if you have win95
ors 2 or some such.

My best solution has been that I _can_ compile correctly if the
directory I am working in is on a different machine. I mount a
diretory from a unix machine (using samba) and compiler there.

It is vveeeerrryyyy sllooooooooow.

I don't know if it is the slow down or the change of filesystem code
which fixes things.

If anyone has a better fix I'd love it.

I really don't want to got o win98, that would just breat everything
else... 

      ^_^
     (O O) 
     \_/@@\
      \\~~/ 
        ~~
		- RJC
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".