Subject: Re: egcs-19990117/24 USER_H build failure on cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

25 Jan 1999 14:13:04 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>The Makefile loop which populates the build directory gcc/include has been
>failing under cygwin.  With earlier versions of cygwin, it quits without
>putting in all the necessary files.  Now, with the 1/23 snapshot version of
>cygwin, it returns an access violation to make.  I can proceed by filling up
>this directory manually and deleting this section of Makefile.  This seems to
>be a case where the egcs build pushes cygwin a little too hard.  I have
>similar problems on NT4/SP3 and W95/OSR25/USB.

If you are going to be using snapshots and intend on reporting on the
behavior of the snapshots, please provide more details.  If you are
getting an access violation, you are also getting a core dump file.
That file might actually be useful in figuring out what your problem
is.

cygcheck output might also be helpful.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/