Subject: inetd vs. TCP/IP, termcap: cygwin vs. linux, etc
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Murray)

23 Jan 1999 19:52:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,

Sorry if these have been answered already, but I searched the archives and
have seen no reference to these issues

a)  can the inetd daemon run alongside the WinNT TCP/IP services, 
without causing each any troubles?  Sergey suggests disabling TCP/IP
because inted has the same functionality, but I am loathe to do that for
fear of disrupting operation of Win32-specific networking programs

b)  How does the cygwin termcap entry differ from the linux 
termcap entry?  The only difference is the "xn@" terminal capability -
according to my termcap & terminfo book, the "xn" capability handles some
glitch - what does "xn@" do?

c)  If I source a tcsh shell script that I wrote which uses grep, the first
invocation of that script will yield the error that it can't find grep.exe,
but if I immediately kill it and re-execute it right away, all is fine.  I
source the script so that I don't need to hardwire the pathnames and .exe
extension in my scripts.

Thank a bunch,
Chris
***************************************************************************
Christopher Murray			Applied Research Laboratory
Assistant Research Engineer		The Pennsylvania State University
Work Phone:  (814) 865-2016		P.O. Box 30
Home Phone: (814) 231-2125		State College, PA 16804
Work Fax: (814) 863-1479 		Email: [email-masked]
v1.2a r+d>s TW 1/0/pw tG 12? 0 Animals 3 2 57.5% <16dec98>
***************************************************************************

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".