Subject: Re: which fortran, f90 ?
From: [email-masked]

22 Jan 1999 22:50:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 1/20/99 1:15:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

<<  Which goood compiler can we use with GNUwin32 ? Is it possible to
 use Digital Fortran that we already bought ?
 
 The large question is : Can we use other compilers than gcc and g77 with
 GNUwin32 ? >>
I run the Lahey compilers from the cygwin bash prompt, and I believe that any
compiler with a command prompt interface will run this way.  I don't expect
the .obj files from any commercial Fortran to be fully compatible with cygwin;
most, including those from lf95, are compatible to the extent that they may be
read by objdump, and possibly linked after fiddling with name mangling.  lf90
..obj files are not at all compatible with cygwin; they are documented as being
compatible only with the High-C compiler.  It's still possible to execute .exe
files and pipe text files in and out.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".