Subject: new EGCS 1.1.1 assembler doc
From: [email-masked] (Tom Uban)

21 Jan 1999 13:59:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I have been running gcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
and would like to switch to b20.1 with egcs 1.1.1. When I started down this
path, I encountered what appears to be a new assembler (or at least heavily
modified). I have a couple of X86 assembly files in my source and they work
fine with the old assembler, but with the new assembler, I get a number of
warnings and errors. It also appears that the code which does not complain
is assembled into output which does not match the older assembler. I didn't
enjoy writing the assembly in the first place, so I am looking for some kind
of document which describes the syntax differences, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--tnx
--tom

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".