Subject: Re: G77 fork problems
From: [email-masked] (Suhaib M. Siddiqi)

21 Jan 1999 05:26:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Craig Burley" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
        <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Thanks for the message.  Good to know that you are the author of G77.
Good job, congraturlations.

Well, the qmail and sendmail is a UNIX system problems and I am sure you
will figure it out.
I am not a fan of Emacs  and I have so far kept my UNIX servers free of
Emacs stuff.  Just a personal prejudice.
For programming, I am not baist against any compiler, g77 or f77.
Whatever works first in my hand I just go for it.

Thanks for your reply.
Suhaib

----- Original Message -----
From: Craig Burley <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: G77 fork problems

>>I am not a G77 expert. Dave Love and if it is a Win32 specific issue i
>>would recommend Mumit Khan.  As you can see from my signature file, I
am
>>a chemist who knows how to find a work around when stuck with a
problem.
>>Therefore, as saniity check to catch up with G77 issues with me might
>>put you in more troubles :-)  Just a freindly warning.
>
>Oops, sorry for not offering more context.  I'm the "g77 author",
>and for the moment still one of the primary maintainers, so my knowing
>what is going on with g77 would normally be fairly important.  Recently
>I've put that on the back burner, the better to deal with upgrading
>my Internet access, and the easier to do now that the egcs project
>has taken over many of the more difficult aspects of my g77 work in
>the past.
>
>I figured it was Mumit's suggested fork() interface you preferred,
>and, in fact, Mumit has been quite helpful making g77 available and
>useful to a wider audience.  The "sanity check" aspect was that I
>didn't *think* it was g77 itself that already offered such an
>interface!  But I could have easily lost track -- these days, my
>brain is fairly empty of Fortran stuff, having been recently filled
>with SMTP, DNS, and other such things.  (E.g. I've spent yesterday
>and today trying to figure out why sending email from Emacs, with
>qmail instead of sendmail installed, produces outgoing mail that
>my ISP rejects.  With help from the qmail people, I think we've found
>the culprit, though perhaps not yet the right fix.)
>
>        tq vm, (burley)
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".