Subject: Re: G77 fork problems
From: [email-masked] (Craig Burley)

21 Jan 1999 01:43:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked], [email-masked]

>I am not a G77 expert. Dave Love and if it is a Win32 specific issue i
>would recommend Mumit Khan.  As you can see from my signature file, I am
>a chemist who knows how to find a work around when stuck with a problem.
>Therefore, as saniity check to catch up with G77 issues with me might
>put you in more troubles :-)  Just a freindly warning.

Oops, sorry for not offering more context.  I'm the "g77 author",
and for the moment still one of the primary maintainers, so my knowing
what is going on with g77 would normally be fairly important.  Recently
I've put that on the back burner, the better to deal with upgrading
my Internet access, and the easier to do now that the egcs project
has taken over many of the more difficult aspects of my g77 work in
the past.

I figured it was Mumit's suggested fork() interface you preferred,
and, in fact, Mumit has been quite helpful making g77 available and
useful to a wider audience.  The "sanity check" aspect was that I
didn't *think* it was g77 itself that already offered such an
interface!  But I could have easily lost track -- these days, my
brain is fairly empty of Fortran stuff, having been recently filled
with SMTP, DNS, and other such things.  (E.g. I've spent yesterday
and today trying to figure out why sending email from Emacs, with
qmail instead of sendmail installed, produces outgoing mail that
my ISP rejects.  With help from the qmail people, I think we've found
the culprit, though perhaps not yet the right fix.)

        tq vm, (burley)
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".