Subject: Re: GDB Under Emacs
From: [email-masked] (Dave Finnegan)

21 Jan 1999 00:12:05 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Matt Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

It is now :-)

I run with my home directory on the 'd:' drive and, thus, had to muck
around with the mount points for root, as you suggested.  With root
mapped to d: everything works fine.

As an aside, is there a FAQ for, or can anyone address the whole drive
issue?  How does the shell handle drive designators, how does the mount
information get handled, at what level, and do these mount points get
seen by non-cygwin apps, etc, etc?

Thanks,

  Dave

Matt Armstrong wrote:

> Dave Finnegan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I'm running version Cygwin version B20.1 and Emacs version 20.3.1
> > and am having trouble getting GDB to work from within Emacs.
> >
> > I can get GDB to come up via the "M-x gdb" command, but when it
> > pulls the source code into the other window the buffer is blank.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Is your source in some other location besides the "root" directory
> tree?  I know Emacs' gud.el gets confused by cygwin's drive letter
> mechanism ("//drive-letter/path").
>
> (I'd give up on the ability to have single-letter directories in my
> root dir in exchange for being able to just say /drive-letter/path.)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".