Subject: Re: which fortran, f90 ?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

20 Jan 1999 21:01:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Philippe Rouge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Philippe Rouge <[email-masked]> writes:
> Our code has its most important part in f77. It will be tracuced then in
> f90. Which goood compiler can we use with GNUwin32 ? Is it possible to
> use Digital Fortran that we already bought ?

Sadly there is no free f90 out there, but if all you need is f77, there is 
always g77, which is a reasonably good f77 compiler.

You cannot use Digital FORTRAN with Cygwin.

> The large question is : Can we use other compilers than gcc and g77 with
> GNUwin32 ?

Suhaib Siddiqi mentioned the use of Portland Group's PG77/PG90 (they make
very good compilers in general), which is supposedly compatible with
Cygwin. I haven't used it yet, so you'll need to check with PGROUP folks
(http://www.pgroup.com/). You can download an evaluation version for 14
days from their ftp site.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".