Subject: Re: uudecode?
From: [email-masked] (John Cooper)

20 Jan 1999 15:09:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked] (root)
Cc: [email-masked] (John Cooper), [email-masked]

[email-masked] (root) writes:

 > Let's stop this uuencode/decode discussion.  Here are two small little
 > programs in that old but powerful language we all know somehow.

This source simply doesn't work for me - it generates all sorts of different
characters at the beginning of encoded lines, rather than the "M" that I see
with most uuencoders.

I finally pulled over the sharutils-4.2 source, got that to build under NT and
then carefully enabled (or disabled) the binary flag on the fopen calls.  It
now seems to work fine - without mucking with mounts or using bash (I prefer
zsh).

Thanks for all the ideas...

    --- John

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".