Subject: PLEASE HELP: Making a Linux->Win32 egcs 1.1.1 cross compiler?
From: [email-masked] (Arcadio A. Sincero Jr.)

20 Jan 1999 10:46:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Gnu-Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>

Hello,

	I've been trying to build a x86-Linux to Win32 cross compiler
based on egcs 1.1.1.  So far, I have been unsucessful :-(.  Can somebody
please show me what I am doing wrong?  Heres what I tried:

1. I downloaded the egcs 1.1.1 tar ball off of Cygnus' ftp site and
extracted it to ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/.  I renamed the source top directory
~/src/egcs-1.1.1/egcs-1.1.1 to ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/src.

2. From the CygWin32-B20 source tar ball, I lifted the following
directories and placed it in ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/src: bfd/, binutils/, gas/,
intl/, ld/, opcodes/, newlib/, and winsup/.  I also copied the files that
are in the include/ directory of the CygWin32-B20 source tree that weren't
already in ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/src/include into ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/src/include.

3. I applied the patches found in the patches/ directory of Mumit Khan's
ftp site at
ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygb20/egcs-1.1.1 to
~/src/egcs-1.1.1/src using patch -p1 < patch_file.  There were no errors.

4. I mkdir'd ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/obj, and from that directory I typed:
   ../src/configure --prefix=/usr/local --target=i586-cygwin32
     --with-newlib.
I did it this way because the build instructions for egcs suggested doing
it this way.

5. From ~/src/egcs-1.1.1/obj, I type make.	

I'm obviously doing something wrong here because it doesn't build.  Can
somebody please clue me in as to what it could be?  Actually, a detailed
step-by-step procedure as to what one should do to build a x86-Linux to
Win32 cross compiler based on egcs 1.1.1 would be desireable ;-).  I am
aware of the prebuilt Linux->Win32 cross compiler binaries by Mumit Khan,
but these are based on egcs 1.1.  

Many thanks in advance to anybody who can help me with this!

---
=====================================================================
Arcadio Alivio Sincero Jr.              
Computer Science Major, University of Maryland Baltimore County

WWW: http://www.sinceronet.ddns.org (COMING REAL SOON NOW(tm)!!!)
E-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
Snail mail: P.O. Box 2081, Annapolis MD, 21404-2081

"NT disaster recovery isn't all the difficult.  Just follow the
 simple instructions that come with the Linux CD."

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".